21 March 2011

Distance

something in the rain helps memories fade
soft light, steady flow, clearing in the distance
the river was blessed this week

Monday:
Two shots from my neighborhood
More to come
Tuesday's addition.  I'm teaching a beginning photography class.  I'm impressed with how students pick up on even the most obscure references.  Covering conventional topics like depth of field and exposure techniques, do I show them how to mess with digital artifacts by taking out of focus photos and pointing the camera towards bright light?  I like the way the tree branch to the right broke up.  What I will teach them is taking a picture a day.  How that becomes a visual diary, and maybe tells a story.  Just practicing what I preach.  See you Wednesday.

What a drab Wednesday.  Despite that, I had a great class at Homeboy Industries, ran all my errands, shot Elizabeth Taylor's star on Hollywood Boulevard, hit the gym for Yoga and exercise and made a quick stop to shoot for the blog.  Mantra for the day:  When the world gives you beige, shoot it. 
Lines drawn, arbitrary or otherwise.  Heading into the weekend.  The river drags debris downstream, drops other debris by our door.  

No comments:

Post a Comment